If you get up in the morning and get to bed at night, and in-between do what you want to do then you are a success.
True wealth and success is the freedom to give your time and energy to the things of life which matter.
My hope for you this year, dear friend, is that it would be a successful one.
May you get out of bed on January 1 and get to bed on December 31, and in-between do what you want to do.
What is at Stake for 2024?
While there is still much uncertainty going into this new year, one thing is for sure: don't let 2024 happen TO you. Instead, get clear on what is most important to you and do what you can to move forward.
If you had a challenging past year, the best thing you can do is take ownership to move on.
If you’ve had a good year, then you should keep building on it. If you are simply coasting then it means you are either going downhill or you are using up the last of your previous momentum.
However, clarity on your goals can be tricky...
The Problem With Resolutions
That clever list of New Year’s Resolutions is worth about as much as the paper it’s written on. Resolutions, in and of themselves, won’t get you very far.
The problem with resolutions is that they often serve as a False First Step. By writing down your list of resolutions, it can feel as if you’ve completed them as well. Because the “hunger” for change so often gets appeased merely through creating the list of resolutions, many people stop there.
It is better to have one goal that you take action on than it is to have a dozen resolutions that you ignore after a few days.
And so, yes, it’s important to have your list of goals and resolutions for the year. But, dear reader, that is only the beginning.
How I’ve Planned My Year, Every Year
Hello. My name is Shawn and I am honored at the opportunity to help you plan your year.
Every January my wife and I take an evening or two and we map out our upcoming year.
We usually pour some wine and begin by listing out our upcoming year’s important events, milestones, and any goals we have or other things we want to do.
We will then go through that list and decide when we think those things should happen and what we’re going to do to help make them a reality.
We’ve been doing this for over a decade, and it always proves to be a highlight. It has a positive impact and helps us ensure that we will have a successful year for ourselves and also for our family.
Plus! It's a lot of fun. The process facilitates great conversation and helps us get on the same page about our upcoming year.
Shawn & Anna. Kansas City.
* * *
I have put together the Plan Your Year workbook so you can create joy, clarity, and memories as well. Plan Your Year is a simple and fun approach to something that most folks usually dread or avoid. The popular workbook (and accompanying videos) will walk you through the exact same year-planning process that my wife, Anna, and I go through every year.
Thousands of folks have been through the Plan Your Year workbook over the years since we first began offering it in 2018. And I’d love for you to be able to go through this very same process!
(And you don’t have to be married or have a family — this is something that works for anyone and everyone.)
Stay focused, save time, and accomplish your goals in 2024.
Freshly updated for 2024 is our popular, digital planner.
If you're not regularly accomplishing your goals, it's because you lack a simple system of task and time management. Good news, I've solved that for you...
After years of study, teaching, and research, I have identified the most important components to living with focus every day. And I built it in to my digital planner for iPad.
This is a complete, year-long planner that pairs perfectly with Plan Your Year so that your GOALS and PLANS actually get DONE. Boom!
Features of the Digital Planner
- The exact system I personally use every day to stay focused.
- Daily habit trackers.
- Calendar views for the years, months, and weeks.
- Goal-setting sections for planning your year, months, and weeks.
- Weekly and monthly review prompts.
- Daily planner pages for focusing on your daily tasks and managing your time.
- Blank notes section for ideation, doodling, mind mapping, meeting notes, etc.
- 700+ individually numbered pages for fast reference and indexing.
- Over 6,000 internal document links to help you quickly navigate throughout the planner.
- Works perfectly with the iPad and Apple Pencil.
- Skip past or ignore any sections you don’t use.
- Export pages into other apps such as Bear, Day One, Ulysses etc.
- Monday- and Sunday-start options; as well as landscape and portrait orientations.
The Digital Planner is used by 6,000 focused professionals to help them stay on track with their goals and manage their time. We're offering it at a discounted bundle upgrade option, or you get it for FREE included with your membership to the Focus Accelerator community.
Get your copy of the Clear Action Planner at a discount as part of the bundle option.
Get Instant Access
Click here to get instant access to Plan Your Year.
Remove the stress, confusion, and overwhelming process of trying to figure out what matters for the next year.
Plan Your Year is a fun, simple, and guided workbook that will help you get prepared and be intentional for the upcoming year ... with joy and clarity! ♥️
- Get a clear list of your goals and desired outcomes for the upcoming year.
- Set a theme for your year.
- Get prepared for what is coming and what can be known — events, financial commitments, etc.
- Look at the goals and desired outcomes you have, and the known events, for every area of your life.
- Take steps toward establishing new and healthy routines.
- Find out if there are things you need to cut out from your day-to-day life to make room for things that are more important.
- Find out where you can reclaim margin and breathing room in your life.
This year, you deserve to be free to focus on the areas of life that matter most to you.
This workbook will help you identify those areas of life that matter, focus on them, and prepare for success.
Get Instant Access