Margin is breathing room.
It’s the opposite of overload.
Having breathing room in your schedule, finances, emotional energy, and mental energy is paramount. When you’re at capacity, there is no room for anything else. But when there is space left over — when there is margin — that space enables you to breath.
Margin enables you to do your best creative work. Margin enabled intentional living. Margin helps with stress and anxiety.
Here’s the list of all the articles, podcasts, and resources we put together:
- Introduction to Margin: Part 1
- Introduction to Margin: Part 2
- How Margin Enables Intentional Living
- On Dialing Down, Saying “No”, and Making Time
- How to restore margin in your schedule and give your day some breathing room
- Regaining mental and creative energy
- Less Thinking, More Doing — Podcast interview with Corbett Barr
- Why Margin is Important for Doing Your Best Creative Work
- Deep Work and Focus — Podcast Interview with Cal Newport
- Balancing family life and creative entrepreneurship — Podcast Interview with Havilah Cunnington